Friday, December 19, 2008

My visit back to the States

I figure it is about time to go back through a few things that I have done that I have not yet posted on my blog. There are tons of things so I will start with my time back in the states during the month of October. I was finally back from Korea and able to visit with family and friends. It was a great month being home and being able to see everyone and be with them. I enjoyed being with my nephew, Robby, a lot and can't wait to see him again hopefully somewhat soon. Actually it's his birthday on Saturday so I would like to wish him a Happy Birthday. i hope my presents get to him in time.

So being back in the states made me realize a few things. Americans definitely are on the heavier side, our food is typically very greasy, and you probably can't survive without a car. In my short month home I traveled to Vermont, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, New Jersey, and of course Stroudsburg. Here is a condensed photo journal of my time back in the states.

This is Mount Snow. It is located in West Dover, VT. It is my "home" mountain and I have really missed skiing there. I hope to get back there soon though.
Ah, my good old Jeep. It's a 1979 CJ7 which was somewhat restored when I was in High school. I hope to get a chance to restore it completely so that everything on it is brand spanking new. Once I get the time to I will definitely start this project. Still looks pretty good though right?

Here is little Robby's Christening. I am his Godfather and am both happy and proud to be. I think Robby's eyes are saying, "let me dive right into that cake and get it all over me."
While I was back in the states I had a chance to visit some friends I knew from Korea. Here is Mr. Choi and Mr. Chu visiting in New Jersey for their company Saint Gobain. They were very happy to see me on this side of the world. It definitely did seem slightly odd to me that they were in the states but still great to see them.
Robby, a die hard Red Sox fan from the beginning!
Here is Rob and Robby in the snow.
One of my favorite places in Vermont. It's this great farm on all this open land with a rolling hill behind it. I think the view from the left side looking straight on is a little better but I won't complain.
Here was a picture from one of my trips to New York. Here I am with some of my friends I knew from Boston, Eduardo and AJ. Oh and I can't forget polar bear.
Here I am hanging out with a few locals, BJ and Derrick. It was fun to hang out in Stroudsburg again and get some chicken, bacon, ranch pizza after the night was over.
Here we are at Joe's house. He is showing us his new grill which can cook for about a zillion people. That's a huge grill.
One of my favorite pictures of little Robby. This is at Joe and Melissa's house. They had this neat photo because they had a get together "western" style.
Here is a group shot of us all over there for dinner. Sorry that it is not centered, I had to take the picture by placing it on the counter and running back into the picture.
Robby's halloween costume.
Perhaps the biggest cream puff I have ever seen! Also a giant eclaire.
Here is me and Andrew. Yes, he also has the same name. I'm glad I got to visit Mike, Jen, and Andrew before I headed back to Korea. But he sure has grown quite a bit since I saw him last.
Such a happy baby! Robby and I hamming it up for the camera.
My flight back to Korea consisted of a 15 hour layover in Atlanta. Luckily my friend Aaron was able and willing to come pick me up so I could rest up at his apartment before taking a 15 hour flight back to Seoul. Here we are at a bar in Atlanta.
Now for some videos. This is a very funny video of Robby doing the head shake no. When asked if he likes Justin's hair, his reply is of course, no!

Yes we gave in and played some rock band while home. Here are Joey, Warren, and I rocking it out. This game is pretty damn fun. I'm surprised it's not so popular in Korea where Nore bang (Karaoke) is on every street corner.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dude, I did not know that you were filming that Rock Band fiasco!