Saturday, March 28, 2009

Comparing Yangji Resort and Mount Snow

Honestly there is no comparison. I miss my home mountain! I couldn't get the sizes exactly the same but it was pretty close.

Now the first picture is Yangji Resort which is where I skiied all of this past season. If you notice where all the white is that is obviously the ski area. Now there are other areas that look like they may be trails... well they aren't. They are actually holes on the golf course. Yangji is just that small. The bottom of the mountain is the top left side. The top of the mountain is the bottom right. So if you tilt this picture about 90 degrees counter clockwise you would be looking at the mountain from the bottom top perspective.

Drum roll please....

And here is mount snow. Now I should also point out that Yangji is zoomed in a little more than the picture of mount snow which means the size gap is even wider. None of those trails are golf holes they are all the trails that scatter throughout mount snow. Now I can't imagine a Breckenridge or Whistler compared to these to pictures and I honestly don't feel like going to google maps and looking it up but you can see the difference clearly from these two pictures of what my mountain was like here in Korea.


Another note to make which may be a blog post in the futre is that I used Daum.net maps to get the photo of Yangji. daum.net is kind of like the yahoo of Korea, even though there is a yahoo.co.kr available. The two big players are Naver.com and Daum.net. I must say that the daum.net maps is very impressive. It can even calculate bus routes from one address to another and after all the tests I have done are extremely accurate. Anyway, I can write about this all later.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

tatertot said...

yoo hoo, say sir~
the weather is changing. and, you know what the means..? out with skiing IN with hiking~~!

taryn said...

Hi Andrew, Remember me :) long lost cousin!!! you are doing so well.
Robbie said you are coming over to visit. Do you know when??
Taryn